2021 Road Trip - Update 33: August 11, 2021 2030UTC

Thank-you everyone who called today.  I did not have Internet access at the activation site today.  36 QSOs uploaded to LoTW.

Signals were very loud early but after 1500UTC not so good.  Unfortunately didn't have Internet to coordinate for the harder QSO's.  When I drove by earlier in the week there was Internet access but not this morning.

Working some of the Northern EU stations, particularly OH was difficult.  Their signals were -21 to -23 on my end but I wasn't heard when I tried TX both HPOL and VPOL.  The only signals I saw today, from EU or NA were VPOL on RX.  Probably 25 QSO's completed with VPOL TX and for the others I had to switch to HPOL to complete.

Some stations I copied for hours and called them up to 15 times, on both POL but I was not heard by them.  I will send emails individualy to those callers.

Several Hams stopped to visit the station today.  Several other visitors.  Here is a photo of the station setup today.  This is in a Maine State Forest and I set up just past the end of the powerlines into the forest.  Quiet RF location.

Setup time today was only 35 minutes from parking to testing the station.  Packing time was only 25 minutes.  Don't have many places left to save time, however after driving for an hour or two to get to a site, it is good to get out and do physical activity for 30 minutes or so.  Today was an easy day, left my RV at 6:00AM local time and returned at 3:00PM.  Drive was 90km in each direction.

No changes to the activation plan below.  Look forward to seeing you on Friday.  There may be significant RF noise at the FN51 site.  This may impact station effectiveness early.  There will also be trees and possible building issues at Moonrise.  Maximum elevation for the Moon from this site is only 38 degrees.  I am hoping for the best.

Comments

  1. Good to see you here with your blog Peter. It sure will give a comprehensive overview on all your activities and achievements. CU tomorrow 73 Bernd DF2ZC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peter. The blog is a very good idea. That makes communication much easier. It has been very difficult recently to keep track of QRZ. Here on the blog it will definitely get a lot better and more informative. Thank you for that and thank you for doing the road trip and making the EME community so happy.
    73 Udo DK5YA

    ReplyDelete
  3. sri lost FN64 by trip with XYl.....see you Friday and Sunday....73, gl Jurg

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog