Summer 2022 Roving Trip Update - March 24, 2022



I do not have a firm itinerary yet for the trip.  Because of weather conditions and propagation conditions I can’t provide  specific dates long in advance.

Normally I can provide a rolling detailed one week schedule.

Last Summer I activated 31 states and made about 2000 QSOs, mostly using EME.

This Summer I plan to activate 43 states, complete 3000+ QSOs.

Estimated driving distance is 7000 miles.

I will post detailed information on upcoming operations on these sites:

Here is my plan as it currently stands:

Operations Plan

  • Activate 43 states on 222 and 23cm EME
  • Activate selected rare grids on 2M EME
  • Activate selected rare grids on 6M MS/Es (focus on FFMA most wanted)
  • Activate selected states on 70cm EME
  • Run 1 or 2 EME bands simultaneously
  • Running 700W on 6M – 70cm, 400W on 23cm (digital modes FT8, JT65-B, Q65, MSK144)
  • Logs will be uploaded daily to LoTW
  • QSL cards available with SASE through QSL manager: W6TCP (look up on QRZ)
  • For 6M MS chat I will use PJClient
  • For 2M EME I will use PJClient EME1
  • For other bands I will use HB9Q: https://logger.hb9q.ch/
  • If there is no Internet connection or I am very busy I will not respond on chat
  • I do not plan to confirm QSOs on chat if I am busy (which can happen when running two bands simultaneously)
  • Estimated driving miles: 7000

Itinerary 43 States: 

Western US: May 2022

NM, AZ, UT, CO, NV, MT, WY 

Central US: June 15 – July 15, 2022

TX, LA , KS, MO, OK, AR, SD, IA, NE, ND, MN 

Midwest US: July 25 – August 15

WI, IN, IL, MI, OH, PA, NY 

Northeastern and Eastern US:  August 20 – September 20

MA, VT, NH, ME, CN, RI, DE, NJ, VA, MD, WV 

Southeastern US: September 22 – October 1

KY, TN, NC, SC, GA, MS, FL


Comments

Popular posts from this blog