2022 Summer Roving Trip Update - April 23, 2022

Here is an update on my trip plans this Summer.

I will now be starting in the Eastern U.S. in mid-May.  I don't have exact dates yet for activations.  I plan to post dates approximately a week in advance. 

  • Starting approximately May 12 - May 19: Activations in MD, VA, DE, NJ
  • May 20 - May 22 at the Dayton Hamvention
  • May 23 - May 26: Activations in WV, KY, TN, AR, OK
  • May 27 - June 12: In Texas, may do some grid activations and LA
  • June 13 - MS on way back to FL
  • On June 15 I will leave Florida and go up to the Northeastern US: GA, SC, NC, PA, NY, CT, RI, MA, NH, VT, ME focus on FN45 in ME on 6M also
  • On July 20 - 24 I will attend the Central States VHF Society meeting in Wisconsin.  On the way to WI will activate MI, IN, IL
  • After the Central States meeting I plan to go to MN, ND, MT, WY, SD, UT, CO, AZ, NM during August.  Plan to do many rare grids in these states
  • From September 20 - 24 I plan to be in Ohio.  On the way to OH I will activate NE, KS, MO and rare grids
I plan to operate 2M, 222, 70cm and 23cm EME.  I may not be on all bands at each stop however I plan at least two bands on each activation stop.  I will also operate 6M, 2M and 222 MS.  I will be on 6M FT8 and SSB also if the band is wide open.

My stations are fully tested and everything is packed in my truck and RV. 
In the next two weeks before leaving I will be working on my backup station equipment for 2M and 23cm.
I will spare exciters and PAs for most bands.  And of course a box full of preamps :-).  On the trip last Summer I didn't fry a single preamp.

If you need specific states to complete WAS on 2M - 23cm, if you like send an email to my gmail account petervanh143@gmail.com.  I will attempt to operate on requested bands at each stop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog