KA6U Update - November 17, 2022 -  1400UTC

Delaware 23m Activation Complete 

Possible 70cm EME Activations in next 10 days

Thank-you everyone who called this morning.  25 23cm EME QSOs uploaded to LoTW for FM29 in Delaware.

As a result of roving operations by KB7Q, AC0RA, N1AV, NC1I, and K8ZR in Ohio and my recent operations I believe there are another 6-8 ops with 48 or 49 states on 23cm now.  That is in addition to the 8 (I believe but not all issued yet) ops who have completed 23cm WAS this Summer.

The most tiring activations are the ones that start in the middle of the night and end at sunrise.
BUT the sunrises can be amazing.

This is the sunrise view this morning as I was packing up the 23cm station at 1120UTC in FM29fm.
Temperature was 0 deg C with 20kmh wind.  The dish was happy.  It was solidly staked to the firm ground.   I was cold while packing up the station :-)  Good news is packing station took less than 10 minutes this morning.



I will be in the Washington, DC area from November 17 - November 27 then returning to Florida.  I may be able to do 23cm activations in states including MD, VA,  NC during this time or on the way back to Florida.

My replacement 70cm relays and sequencer have arrived in VA and I will pick them up today.  I will then complete assembly of the updated 70cm station in the next few days.  If all goes well I will also do some 70cm activations over the next 10 days.

Thanks

Peter KA6U

Comments

Popular posts from this blog