KA6U Update - November  20, 2022 -  1500UTC

70cm  Activation in VA Monday

Thank-you everyone who called on 70cm this morning.  I had a problem early with the new 70cm relays.  I resolved the issue and the station worked well after that.

When I started the 23cm operation the wind came up and at sunrise the wind started blowing about 30kmh.  It was difficult to close the dish and put it away before it blew away.  No damage.  Temp was -2C and with the wind it was cold!

I plan to operate 70cm only from VA tomorrow morning.  I plan to start at about 1000UTC.
  • FM18 VA - Monday Nov 21 - 1000UTC - 1400UTC 70cm

 

Air duct delivers 60 Deg F air to cool exciter to it can output full power.
Other vents in car deliver 80 Deg F air to warm the operator so he can operate at some level.

Outside temperature -2 C with 30km winds

Peter KA6U

Comments

Popular posts from this blog