2021 Road Trip - EL39/49/59 Hurricane: August 29, 2021 2330UTC

One of the reasons I go on adventures is to meet people in many areas of the U.S.

From June 12 -14 this year I activated EL39, EL49, and EL59 on the Southern Louisanna coast. 

As I am writing this today this area received a direct hit from Hurricane Ida with 150mph, 240km/hour sustained winds, storm surge flooding of 4-5 meters and storm waves on top.  All of the locations in the photos from my trip are under water at this time.

16 years ago today this same area was hit by Hurricane Katrina.  There are still 10 meter tall trees with all of the branches and leaves stripped off by the storm flooding.

While I was in the EL grids I had many visitors.  In EL49 a couple who lived right on the edge of the water visited me in the morning and in the afternoon brought me a great home-cooked lunch.

In EL59 two shrimp fisherman stopped by and shared a 12-pack of beer with me.  They said they would tell their friends about the visitor who used his radio to talk to aliens on the Moon.

I hope they are safe today and that this area can recover, again, to be the home of such great and friendly people.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog