2021 Road Trip - Update 60: EN66 Activation Complete - September 8, 2021 2030UTC

The EN66 activation is complete.  43 QSOs uploaded to LoTW.  Very difficult conditions today.  Heavy rain and strong winds caused the antennas to move wildly.  I had to tie down the antenna array with 3 one meter long circus tent stakes.


The location was RF quiet however signals were very weak today with rapid and deep QSB.  I tried all three types of preamps and it made no difference but I wanted to make sure it was not a system problem.

Here is a close-up of the antennas tied down with the large stakes. First time I have had to use the stakes this trip.


Here is today's log for EN66:


Tomorrow is a rest day for the antennas.

The next activations should be on schedule Friday and Saturday.  I will arrive in EN76 early in the day on September 9 and will select final sites for the EN76 and EN86 activations at that time.  I should be able to find locations with elevation clearance at moonrise to maximize available operating time.

EN76TBD - Moonrise 1532UTC September 10, 2021.  2M EME 144.132 2nd JT65B.  I plan to be QRV until at least 2000UTC (Short EU Window)

EN86TBD - Moonrise 1644UTC September 11, 2021.  2M EME 144.132 2nd JT65B.  I plan to be QRV until at least 2100UTC (Short EU Window)

I am not planning additional activations from September 12 - 16.  Bad moon conditions and Southern declinations.

Between now and the end of my trip in October I plan at least 10 additional grid activations in Michigan, Ohio, Kentucky, Tennessee, West Virginia, Project Diana Moonbounce in New Jersey and possibly Northern Alabama and Mississippi.

Next week I will publish the next planned locations.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog