2021 Road Trip - Update 66: 222 EME Activations - September 19, 2021 1300UTC

I am back on the East Coast of the US.
One of the goals of this trip is to help several operators complete WAS for 222Mhz.  During the trip I have had a number of 222 EME operations for this purpose.  Two nights ago I activate EN71 in Indiana on 222.  Last night I activated FM19 in Maryland and tonight I will activate FM29 in Delaware.

In the next two weeks I will also activate Kentucky and West Virginia.  These activations will include 2M and 222Mhz.  After these operations plus others that have completed on the trip there will be several operators with 48 or 49 states confirmed.

During the Project Diana operation on Monday the club that operates the site will also activate 1296 Mhz EME using the 60 foot dish at the site.  They are planning to be QRV on 23cm from 2330UTC Sept 20 - 0400UTC Sept 21.  I assume they will use the HB9Q logger.  I will ask when I meet them at the site at 2100UTC on September 20.

I took this photo during the 222 EME operation last night in FM19 East of Hagerstown, Maryland.  This is an interesting picture.  In the foreground I am pointed East over a cornfield.  The large white building is a gigantic Amazon Fulfullment Center.  It generated birdies but not too many to affect operations.  

Also in the photo with Moon and 222 antennas at an angle of about 40 degrees and 4 Moon diameters to the upper right is the planet Jupiter.  Further to the right at about 60 degrees is Saturn.

Another picture and contrasts you don't see every day.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog