2021 Road Trip - Update 67: 222 EME Activation FM29 Delaware - September 20, 2021 1200UTC

Last night I activated FM29 in Delaware on 222 Mhz.  Several operators needed Delaware on 222 for WAS.

The plan for 2M EME Project Dianna activation today is on schedule:
  • FN20 - ISEC (Project Diana Site) - Sept 20 2300UTC - Sept 21 0500UTC (or all callers complete). 144.132 2nd JT65B, I will have Internet access.  Special QSL cards will be produced for this event
If you would like to receive a QSL card from FN20 please send a request to Ian, W6TCP:

Ian Parker, W6TCP
37 Mountain View Ave

San Jose, CA 95127 USA


The location in FM29 was on Delaware Bay looking in the direction of Moonrise at the Atlantic Ocean.


This area is well known for it's Blue Crabs.  There were many people catching Blue Crabs off a pier next to where I was set up.  The bucket below includes a Blue Crab that was just caught.


I had lunch at a local restaurant.  This is what the Blue Crabs look like in the restaurant.


This time exposure shows a problem I had when I left the activation site.  The road to the beach floods when there are high tides in the Delaware Bay.  I had to wait 2 hours for the tide to go down before I could pass this place in the road.  Halfway between me and the headlights in the distance there is about one meter of salt water on the road.  High tides happen with the Full Moon!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog