23CM Roving Station - October 19, 2022

I am adding a 23cm station to my portable roving stations.
I completed building the station today, with the exception of a PA.
Current station:
  • 1.8M W2HRO folding dish - Patch feed CP
  • .3db NF preamp
  • Portable tripod for dish
  • ICOM 705 exciter
  • Q5 23cm transverter 2M to 23cm 25 W output
  • 13' LMR600 from feed to RF deck
  • Complete RF deck with transverter, rotator controller, computer for controller, sequencer, power supplies, etc. in a single waterproof box at the base of the tripod
RX testing so far has been excellent.  I can hear stations with dishes my size running 300W.  When I receive the PA I ordered I will run 500W at the feed.

Considering a 40 U.S. State roving trip for 23cm WAS next June - October.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog