KA6U Update - June 20, 2022 - 0400UTC

Plan update.

I have fixed all radio equipment, rotators, etc.  I have installed new 23cm PA and should be 3db or so louder on 23cm.  Hopefully I will be able to see echo more reliably which will help with pointing accuracy during nightime operations.

I am planning to take a more northern route and go to Evanston, WY on the border of Wyoming and Utah tomorrow.

If I am able to get to Evanston, WY tomorrow I plan to activate DN41 in Wyoming first.  I plan to be there for several days to have time to activate WY and UT on multiple bands.  Latest plan if everything works:

  • DN41 Wyoming - 0900UTC June 21 - 23cm and 2M followed by 70cm then 222.  Weather forecast is clear low wind 4 degrees C
  • If operations go well on the 21st then I plan to activate DN41 in Utah on June 22 around 0900UTC with same operating plan.
  • If necessary I will do "clean-up" operations in either WY or UT on June 23rd
After this stop I plan to go to Southern Idaho/Northern Nevada.  The location will depend on weather.  I will need to pick locations that are not too windy to use the 23cm dish.

I am still planning to activate Oregon, Washington, Montana, North Dakota, etc. on several bands.  I won't try to provide as much advance notice because of the need to dodge bad weather and wind.

73 Peter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog