KA6U Update - June 27, 2022 0400UTC 

All QSOs from today in Idaho have been uploaded to LoTW.
If there is anything missing please send me an email.
At the beginning of the session I ran 23cm and 2M at the same time.
I then switched to 23cm and 70cm at the same time.

I believe I have the folding dish pointing figured out now so I should have a consistent 23cm signal now.  I believe I will be able to initialize the pointing direction without needing to see the Moon or the Sun.
It helped greatly to have a couple of the biggest stations provide a "beacon" for a few minutes.

After completing operations this morning I drove from the Idaho/Nevada border to Kennewick,  
 Washington on the Washington/Oregon border, a distance of about 600 miles.
Incredible scenery on this drive across two mountain ranges, grasslands from horizon to horizon and the Columbia river.

When I set up this morning in Idaho the temperature was about 4 C.  When I arrived in Washington State the temp was about 38 C.

One of the reasons I do these trips is the opportunity to see amazing natural sights..  The last two days there has been an unusual alignment of the planets from Mercury to Saturn with all planets except Saturn visible to the unaided eye (Saturn you need regular binoculars).

Before and during Sunrise in the cold morning seeing all of the planets lined up was amazing.  The pictures here can give you an idea of the view.  These are the pictures from this morning.


Visible above are the Moon and Venus.  Mercury was not visible this morning.  Mars and Jupiter are visible in the right photo.  It was very dark where I was setup, no lights at all in the Moonrise/Sunrise direction.

No activations the next 3 days during the New Moon.  Next operations June 30 and July 1 from Washington and Oregon.  Planned grids announced in next few days.

Total distance traveled so far 3500 miles.  Diesel fuel prices are now $6.63 per gallon in Eastern Washington!  I am currently at the greatest distance from my home location in Florida, 2900 miles.

See you later this week.

Peter KA6U

Comments

  1. Thanks Peter for your patience on 222 the other day! Looking forward to the try of WA and OR on 1296-432-222.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog