KA6U Update - June 30, 2022 - 2030UTC

Thank-you everyone who called today
Overall decent conditions.
I will update LoTW in the morning.

Here is today's operating location along a very lightly traveled road.  Time is just before Sunrise, one hour before Moonrise.

Background RF noise on 23cm was about 3db higher than a "quiet" location.  I don't know why.  23cm dish and 70cm yagis shown.  2M Crosspol yagis are on the ground.


James, K7KQA visited for several hours and also operated the station.  It was great to have an entertaining visitor!


Home Depot supplied some 15kg cement blocks I can use as tie-downs when setting up on pavement.  I used the blocks today instead of the 1M long circus tent stakes  Faster and easier to setup than driving the stakes into the ground.  Also much quieter.

Tomorrow I am going to have a shorter operating day.
Instead of getting up at 2:00AM local time, I will leave for the site in Oregon at 5:30AM local time, 1230UTC.

The revised location is DN05KW30LN on the Oregon side of the Columbia river.  There will be delay in Moonrise at the location because of some higher ground along the river.

I estimate the Moon will be visible at about 1600UTC.  If the ground was flat, MR would be at about 1430UTC.  At 1600UTC elevation will be about 11 degrees along the axis of the river to the Northeast

Therefore the operating plan is as follows:
  • 1600UTC - 2100UTC - 23cm EME 
  • 1600UTC - 1730UTC - 70cm EME
  • 1730UTC - 2100UTC - 2M EME
  • I am not planning 222 EME unless someone needs OR the state.  If you do need the state, please send me an email or leave a message on HB9Q

Comments

Popular posts from this blog