KA6U Update - June 6, 2022 - 0130UTC

Thank-you everyone for calling me over the last four days.

All QSOs are updated to LoTW.  This year I will not post QSOs on the blog page.  If you have a question please send me an email, thanks!

I will not operate later today, June 6 in Louisiana.  Four 12 hours days to start my trip was enough ;-).

After reconfiguring my truck station all four EME bands are working very well.  Today started out well on 23cm with good signals after Moonrise.  

Unfortunately it appears I had a very loud noise source in the direction of Moonrise.  I determined that between 10 and 30 degrees of elevation in the 90 degree direction (Moon direction) the noise was greater than my Sun noise = I could not hear.  So I stopped 23cm operation.

70cm had low noise and excellent signals.  The best I have seen from my station.

I worked Bernie in ZS4 land immediately when I came on 70cm with excellent signals.  Later in the afternoon deep QSB for US stations.  I could decode stations  on HPOL but I had to change to VPOL to be heard.  Even some very large stations were weak on RX.  I could also decode on both polarities at times.

Later this week I may be able to go over to Louisiana in EM31.  It won't be an interesting grid but maybe a useful state for some callers.  If I do go it would probably be Wednesday June 8,  Moonrise 1930UTC.

I will decide by Tuesday afternoon if I will do this short trip.

Comments

  1. Many thanks for your effort and the 2 squares. That was a good start into your project. GL with optimising and please take some time to relax. 73!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog