KA6U Trip Update - Murphy on the Road

Tonight near the Texas/New Mexico border one of the tires on my RV had a blow-out (really a blow-up).
It blasted a hole in the floor in the kitchen area but only took out a few water hoses (and part of the floor).

So the plan is revised.  Tomorrow morning, Saturday, I will put the spare tire on and drive to Raton, New Mexico.  On Sunday morning starting at about 0700UTC I plan to be QRV on 23cm.  I know this is a bad time for EU.   Because of this event I will not be doing an activation in the 4 corners area this Summer near Teec no Pas.

Next I will drive to Denver CO to get the RV repaired.  This will probably take a couple of weeks.

So without the RV I  am planning to do a 3000km circuit around the Northwestern/North Central US.
After dropping the RV off on in Aurora, Colorado Sunday the 19th I will go over the mountains to Utah.  Here is the revised plan, grid information in a future posting:
  • Utah June 21
  • Nevada June 22
  • Idaho June 24
  • Oregon June 25
  • Washington June 26
  • Montana July 1
  • Wyoming July 3
  • North Dakota July 5
  • South Dakota July 6
  • Nebraska July 7
This is the schedule if everything goes well.... HA!
If I get delayed due to equipment, weather, etc. then ND, SD,  NE will be delayed until July 17, 18, 19.

I also plan to operate 2M and 23cm at the same time as close to MR as practical.  Then switch from 2M to 70cm then to 222.

73, Peter KA6U

Comments

Popular posts from this blog