KA6U Update - June 2, 2022 2340UTC

I added a short operating day to the beginning of my trip today.  I left Texas at 5 AM drove up to Oklahoma and waited for storms to pass before setting up at about 1800UTC.

Thanks to those who called on 2M and 23cm.  Here is a photo of the setup in EM24PD on a penninsula in Broken Bow Lake.


I had a number of issues with generators, network in truck, rotator alignment, all to be expected for the first activation in several months and lots of new equipment, installation, etc.  By the end of the day I believe I have the issues resolved.

Tomorrow starting at my Moonrise 1430UTC I should be on both 2M and 23cm at the same time.  The 2nd generator is working now.  I will also finish calibration of my new rotator for the 23cm station using the Sun at low elevation.  Today I had multiple issues that prevented proper calibration.

If everything works this is the plan:
  • 23cm starting at 1430 Moonrise - Run all day
  • 2M starting at 1430 Moonrise - Run until 1815UTC
  • 70cm starting at 1830UTC - Run until 2100UTC
  • 222 EME starting at 2130UTC running until all stations worked
  • Sorry but I won't be able to continue operating until APAC moonrise
After completing the activation I have an hour drive across the border to Arkansas.
I will operate for two days in Arkansas.

Tomorrow during the day I will update LoTW.

The weather was good.  Rain at beginning then clearing to windy and cool, a very nice day.
The new slew drive rotator for the 2.4M folding dish did great in 20mph winds!

See you tomorrow,

Peter, KA6U


Comments

Popular posts from this blog