KA6U Update - July 1, 2022 - 2300UTC

I have arrived back at the hotel in Washington, 12 hours after leaving this morning.

Today was a very easy day except for 2M EME!  All station equipment worked perfectly, the weather was great.  

I ran dual band operation almost continuously the last few days.  Working very well.  I hit a bug in WSJT-X driver for ICOM705 sometimes but not too big an issue.

The 23cm station has never worked better.  Solid tracking all day with no adjustments and 30 23cm QSOs.

65 QSOs uploaded to LoTW.  If anything is missing, please send me an email and I will correct.

NO operations tomorrow, July 2nd. 

I will be driving about 12 hours to Billings, Montana.  I will make several stops at favorite places along the way.  I first traveled this way over the mountains of Glacier National Park over 50 years ago and have been back many times since then.


Sunrise this morning at 5 AM local time at the operating site.  Priceless



Here is the operating location with 23cm and 70cm stations ready to run, just before Moonrise.


When possible I pick operating locations which also have trains to watch.  My son and I have always enjoyed real railroads, model railroads, etc.  This is the main North/South track for the Canadian Northern (I thought everything in Canada was northern) railroad.  For 11 hours today I watched trains going north and south every 15 minutes.

Upcoming Operating Plan

  • Saturday July 2, 2022 - No operations - driving to Billings Montana
  • Sunday July 3, 2022 - DN55SS - Montana 1600UTC - 2300 UTC then I drive 5 hours to North Dakota
  • Monday July 4, 2022 - No operations
  • Tuesday July 5, 2022 - DN80HE - North Dakota
  • Wednesday July 6, 2022 - South Dakota (grid to be named later)
  • Thursday July 7, 2022 - Nebraska (grid to be named later)
  • July 8 - July 16, 2022 - No operations planned
  • Sunday July 17, 2022 - Kansas (grid to be named later)
  • Monday July 18, 2022 - Missouri (grid to be named later)
  • Tuesday July 19, 2022 - Iowa (grid to be named later)
  • July 20 - July 26, 2022 - No operations planned, Central States VHF Conference  then drive to Maine
Thanks everyone!

Peter, KA6U




Comments

Popular posts from this blog