KA6U Update - August 23, 2022 - 0100UTC

UPDATED - Possible start WV at 1300UTC August 23 later today

I may be able to do first day of two day WV activation at 1300UTC - 1600UTC August 23.  This would be followed by activation at Moonrise in FM19 on August 24 at 0800UTC.  This would be using the THIRD roving vehicle of this trip.
Please check here for updates

I plan to rent another truck tomorrow and continue West Virginia, Maryland, and Maybe Virginia activations

I will do WV first over two days planning at least 10 hours QRV 1300-1600UTC on August 23 and 0800-1500UTC on August 24 

This activation area is a 1 1/2 day drive from my home in Florida so I can easily come back to activate these states again, if needed, when the moon is higher.

Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina would be the first week of September which is no good for EU.  These states are a one day drive from my home in Florida so I could come back to these states when there is good declination for EU.

Yes August 25 is close to the new moon.  Don't know if this will work.  If not will delay until first week of September.

  • Planned - August 23 at Moonrise 1300-1600UTC FM19 West Virginia - 23cm
  • Planned - August 24 at Moonrise 0800UTC FM19 West Virginia - 23cm
  • Planned  -  August 25 at Moonrise  0900UTC FM19 Maryland - 23cm
  • Planned-  August 30 at Moonrise Virginia - 23cm
  • Postponed -  Tennessee - 23cm
  • Postponed -  North Carolina - 23cm
  • Postponed -  South Carolina - 23cm

Peter, KA6U

Comments

  1. Thanks for DE on 1296 MHz - the easy way! Looking forward to WV and more. GL & 73

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the trouble Peter. I hope you are OK and damage was not too significant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I plan to rent a van tomorrow morning so I can continue with the activations Wednesday while I am waiting for my SUV brakes to be repaired. Problem is no one is available to even look at the vehicle until Friday

      Delete
    2. Sorry to hear that, but glad you have a plan. Enjoy a FULL night of sleep tonight, we will look for you tomorrow night, well.. early Wednesday morning!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog