KA6U Update - August 23, 2022 - 1600UTC 

West Virginia Activation Update

  • August 24 1100 - 1600UTC - West Virginia FM19 operation continues
  • This will be the last activation until after the New Moon
I was able to compete with 18 callers on 23cm today from FM19 in West Virginia
Congratulations to HB9Q and OK1KIR who complete WAS and NC1I who needs one more state (next week)


I operated from my SUV in the hotel parking lot.  Elevation at start of operations was 60 degrees.
Surprising I had some of the best RX performance I have ever seen with the portable dish.  Several stations that are normally marginal were easy copy, about 3db better than usual.  I made some repairs to the dish yesterday and operations were at the highest elevations I have tried.

Tomorrow is the last activation I will make this week.  The rental car company I was going to rent from today so I could activate Maryland later this week lied to me.  I made a reservation and showed up at Enterprise Rent-a-car this morning and they did not have a vehicle.  They told me that when you make a reservation with the central Enterprise office they will tell you that you will have a car, even when they don't know that a car will be available.  So I recommend you never attempt to rent a car from Enterprise.

73 Peter

Comments

  1. Super excited to have worked you today from the parking lot today. Sorry to hear about all the vehicle issues. Looking forward to catching up with you next week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog