KA6U Update August 28 - 2145UTC

MD, VA and TN Activation Plans

I visited and tested the activation site for MD tomorrow.  The location is in Brunswick, MD in the middle of the CSX Railroad yard near the Potomac River in FM19eh45.  The site in Virginia is directly across the Potomac River in FM19eh43


 Plan:

  • Maryland FM19eh - August 29 - 1400UTC - 1800UTC 23cm
  • Virginia FM19eh - August 30 - 1500UTC - 1800UTC 23cm (stop when storms start)
  • Tennessee EM96cl - September 2 - 2000UTC - 2359UTC 23cm
I know that the date for the Tennessee activation is no good for EU.  I can't avoid that on this trip.  I need to get back to Florida by September 6th.  There will be an opportunity for me to go back to Tennessee in the future.

Final activations this trip will be over the weekend in North Carolina and South Carolina.

In the photo above I am parked in a lot in the middle of a large train yard in Brunswick Maryland.  The train in the photo is headed westbound.  There are also several tracks in the direction of the dish used for eastbound traffic.  There were multiple trains this afternoon during a short test activation.  I needed to see what the RF noise was in the location.  Result - very low.  This was one of the best train stops of the trip!

73 Peter KA6U

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog