KA6U Update - August 3, 2022 - 0300UTC

Well, a lot has happened.

The turbo-charger has failed in my truck.  Because of all of the modifications to the truck the only mechanic who will work on it is my guy in Florida.  So the truck is being shipped from Wisconsin to Tampa Florida on Saturday.  The truck will not participate the rest of the Summer.

Since I don't have a truck, my RV is being shipped from Wisconsin to Florida next Tuesday.  The RV will try to hide from Hurricanes until I get back to Florida.

I bought a replacement roving vehicle today, a used Ford Explorer SUV.  I will definitely be able to fit the 23cm station.  I believe I can fit the 70cm station in the SUV.  BUT, the 222 and 2M stations will not fit inside or on the roof.  So very unfortunately 222 and 2M will not be activated again this Summer.

After the RV and Truck head to Florida I will go to the Albany, NY area.  I hope to spend a month from August 15 - September 15 in the Northeast activating all of the states on 23cm and  70cm. 

I will post an update before I leave for Albany, NY.

73, Peter

Comments

Popular posts from this blog