KA6U Update - August 7, 2022 0300UTC

New roving station tested successfully off the Moon tonight on 23cm and 70cm.

Tonight was the first time I tried the relocated 23 and 70cm stations on the air.

Station setup time for both stations was only 30 minutes.  No ladders required.  70cm conditions were excellent in NA (EU Moon had set).  Easily worked several stations.  23cm started well with several easy QSOs.  Later in the session the dish was pointed at two communication towers about 3km away and I couldn't hear anymore.  I was heard very well.

I will not be on the air the next three days due to the weather.  I plan to leave for the Northeast U.S. on Thursday  and be QRV in Connecticut and Rhode Island starting on August 15th.

70CM and 23CM Stations in EN53 Wisconsin


Everything is setup for simultaneous two band operation.  I only ran one band at a time tonight so I could carefully monitor the stations.  No issues.  The operating location in the SUV is more comfortable than in the truck.

Dual Band Operation with Forced Air Colling


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog