KA6U Update - August 6, 2022 0030UTC

Roving station rebuilt for 23cm and 70cm.

Plan to resume EME operations around August 15th in Northeast.

Today I completed moving my roving station from the truck to a new (for me) Ford Explorer SUV, the "Red Rover".

The 23cm and 70cm stations are fully installed and I plan to test the stations tomorrow night local time Saturday night or about 2200UTC.  I know the Moon is very low, the purpose it to make sure everything is wired correctly and I don't have RFI problems.7

I plan to attempt simultaneous 23cm and 70cm operations again.

I plan to leave Lodi, Wisconsin on or about August 11 to drive to Connecticut/Rhode Island.  I plan to start operations again on or about August 15th.

There is no room in the truck to carry 222 or 2M antennas unfortunately so they are being shipped back to Florida.

If things go well I plan to be roving in the Eastern U.S. on 23cm and 70cm until about September 20th.

After I get back to Florida in October I will modify the SUV roof rack to hold the 222 antennas.  Hopefully the truck will be fixed and I can also include 2M again.

23CM Station Installation


70CM Station installation with Dish EME Rotator


Operating location in front seat of SUV



Back is full.  Note 70CM antennas are in three pieces
70


Red Rover with roof rack for generator gas container



Very sad truck with all toys removed.  Today I even removed the equipment rack





 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog