KA6U Update - November 8, 2022 -  0330UTC

Bad weather today.  Rained all day.  Dish blown over.  I believe no significant damage.

Set up station in AR.  After about 10 QSOs wind blew dish over.
After an hour I believe I had everything back together.
However there was heavy overcast and wind and I was not able to see the Moon.
The digital compass in the iPhone is inaccurate and unreliable.
I could not find my high quality military compass in the dark.
So I stopped, dug out of the mud and left for the night.

I will attempt to recalibrate the dish and pointing tomorrow with Sun noise.
If everything works I will proceed with the activation in MO tomorrow.

I will update here the results of my testing tomorrow morning.

The weather tomorrow night will be clear, light wind good operating conditions.

The weather forecasts for MO, KY and LA are very good at this time.

I plan to be back to AR in the future.

Updated Plan:

I will add Kentucky because of requests and excellent weather.  This will delay LA one day.  I know several ops are waiting for LA. 
  • EM56 - Missouri - 2330 - 0300UTC Nov 8 - 23cm and 222 
  • EM56 - Kentucky - 2345 - 0400UTC Nov 9 -23cm and 222
  • EM32 - Louisiana - 0100 - 0600UTC Nov 11 - 23cm and 222  (Thursday night local time Friday morning UTC)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog