KA6U Update - December 20, 2022 -  2130UTC

222 EME Activations from DE, MD, PA on December 27

FN32SS32 Activation site in New Hampshire
(Ground was frozen so no tent stakes.  Spare generator makes a good anchor for the dish)
Note the shiny, perfect W2HRO dish on first stop after refurbishment

Satellite Image used to find FN32SS Activation Site


The yellow pin above is the site in the photo at the top of this post.  I use Landsat photos from Google Earth Pro to find locations.  This location is an open parking lot for a public trail on the NH side of the Connecticut River.  The site had Moon visibility from the Southeast to South, perfect for the Moon below the equator.  I drove to the site the day before (15 miles from hotel) and verified suitability.  Very weak cell signals are a good sign.  Just barely strong enough for a data signal is best.

Activation Plan

I am planning to activate 222 EME from three states on Tuesday, December 27.
I will go to a location near the MD/PA border, set up in MD in FM29CR then move to FM29BR in PA.  I will then drive 30 minutes to FN29DN in DE.

Planned operation: 222.080 2nd Q65-60B 1500hz no doppler
  • MD - FM29CR11 - 1900-2100UTC -> Move to PA
  • PA - FM29BR -  2130 - 2230UTC -> Move to DE
  • DE - FM29DN30 - 0000  - 0100UTC 
When I call CQ if you hear me please respond with TX-2.  This will save time.

This will be the first time I have tried this type of operation.
If conditions are good I should be able to work all callers at each stop.
If conditions are bad we may stop and try another day.
If all goes well this will be a 10 hour door-to-door trip from Alexandria, VA.

Weather permitting I could try again on Dec 28 if required.

Peter KA6U 

Comments

  1. Pete, Can you check your published grid squares? You've got a few typos(FN29DN), and FM29DR isn't in PA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Peter, I will be looking for you in all three states!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog