KA6U Update - January 11, 2023 -  1430UTC

Colorado 23cm Activation 0520UTC January 13 UTC

Thank-you everyone who called last night for operations in Kansas and Oklahoma.  I set up the station near the Kansas and Oklahoma border.  After operations in KS I moved 10 feet South into Oklahoma.

Congratulations to DL7UDA for completion of 23cm WAS.

On Kansas and Oklahoma border looking in Moonrise direction


After Moonrise



My RX performance on 23cm is the best I have experienced.  The updated folding dish from W2HRO Paul is working very well.  With one exception I was able to easily work all callers.  Most QSOs were completed with no retransmissions.

The updated plan is as follows:
  • Colorado - DM97xd 
    • 23cm EME - 0520UTC - 0900UTC Jan 13, 2023 (Thursday night local time)
The 70cm preamp failed in New Mexico.  My spare preamp is not working.  When I return to Texas on the weekend I will replace the 70cm preamp.

I plan to return to this area in the Spring to activate 70cm.

Peter KA6U 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog