KA6U Update - February 12, 2023 -  2100UTC

I am planning my next road trip March 2nd - 6th.
I plan to make several stops in the Southeast: Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana.  I will be operating on 23cm, 70cm and 222 EME.
I plan to do additional activations March 8 - 11 weather permitting.

In the last two months I have upgraded all stations.  On 23cm the dish is rebuilt with better performance.  New antennas for 70cm with switchable H/V polarization.  New preamp for 70cm at the antennas.  222 new preamp at the antennas.  All feedlines are replaced.  All relays replaced with QRO vacuum relays. Replaced extra displays for PC with single larger display on the dashboard.  All RF equipment is now in backseat area.  Storage rack added in back for tripod, poles and anchor stakes.  Result is more compact, less handling and flexing of cables, and faster setup.  New antenna racks on top of car make for easier antenna handling.

Room for more equipment :-)

Here are some updated photos:










Comments

Popular posts from this blog