KA6U Update - March 1, 2023 -  2000UTC

LA EME Activations moved to Friday, March 3rd starting at 2100UTC

Thank-you everyone who called me when I was in AL and MS yesterday.  59 QSOs in the log for 70 and 23cm.  Uploaded to LoTW.  If anyone is missing please send me an email.

Many callers were calling me very close to 1500hz.  When we run CFOM this will happen unless operators select different audio/DF values.  I can listen from 500hz to 2300hz.  Because of many callers in the same place weaker stations were not heard.  This is different from JT65 where Doppler helps spread out stations.

I am hearing much better now with improved dish, improved 70cm array and cavity filter preamps.  In many cases though Q65 does not seem to decode overlapping signals as well as JT65.  So please spread out when calling me using Q65 CFOM.

The weather forecast for Thursday March 2nd is heavy rain during planned time.  I am going to move the Louisiana activation to Friday.

  • Louisiana - EM31EN - 23cm and 70cm at same time 2100UTC - 2359UTC or all callers are complete
I will have Internet access at this location

Alabama side of the border on February 28th.  Drag station 20 feet to the right and I am in Mississippi




Peter KA6U

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog