KA6U Update - March 10, 2023 -  2200UTC

I have completed all 23cm and 70cm operations planned for this trip.

All QSOs uploaded to LoTW.  Please send me an email if anything is missing.

Thank-you everyone who called during this last minute activation trip.
Total distance traveled over the 3 weeks about 3200 miles.

I plan to be roving again the last week of April/1st week of May starting again in Texas.
Weather permitting I will go up North toward the US/Canada border, Minnesota, North Dakota, etc. then turn left and visit Utah, Wyoming, etc.

Focus of this trip will be 23cm and 70cm.  I will bring the 222 array with me also.

I stopped in Indiana last night and operated 222 only.  Weather was horizontal blowing snow with accumulation about 5 inches.  I had to clean snow off driven elements every 5 minutes so the PA would not trip with an SWR fault. 

Weather for my trip to the East then south back to Florida will not be good and Moon conditions will not be good.

Here is a photo from last night in Indiana EN71 very close to the Michigan border.  222 array is on the tripod.  222 station setup time was 15 minutes before the snow and wind started.   Note the foot prints generated by the antenna polarization rotation activation tool


Hope to see you in a few weeks.

Peter KA6U

Comments

Popular posts from this blog