KA6U Update - March 8, 2023 -  1500UTC

Thank-you everyone who called last night.  Excellent moon conditions early.

The weather was overcast, cold and windy.  The wind strength was close to the upper limit for operating with the folding dish.  I did not see the Moon last night however the strong signals helped me find the target.  First QSOs at 1 degree elevation.  I had a couple of issues with a connector for the dish preamp disconnecting as the dish shook in the wind.  The connector is gone replaced with a soldered connection.  When you see my CQ, particularly early in the operation, please send a signal report on my CQ.  I know how strong I should be on RX for most of you and this lets me know immediately if I am on the Moon.

Congratulations Ivan OK1IL for completing WAS with N1V from HI last night.  

Great job Jay helping deliver 4 additional 23cm WAS completions from Hawaii.

Next scheduled operation this evening (local time in MO):

  • March 9 Thursday (Wed night local time) - EM56 Missouri 0130UTC - 0430UTC - 23cm and 70cm at same time followed by 222
The weather should be good after rain all day with light winds and temperature about 8C.

Thank-you everyone who has contributed to help cover the costs of these trips.  It costs about $150 per day to make these trips.  If you would like to contribute: petervanh143@gmail.com on Paypal.

Peter KA6U

Comments

Popular posts from this blog