KA6U Update - April 29, 2023 -  0230UTC

Thank-you everyone who called today for Nevada and Idaho.
Congratulations to UA3PTW Dmitrij who completed 70cm WAS today.
Dmitrij was my first ever EME contact in November of 2019.  I was running 200W to a single 17 element 2M yagi...

On the way to Jackpot Nevada I visited one of my favorite places, the Golden Spike National Historic Site in Promontory Utah.  This is where the US Transcontinental railroad was completed in 1869.

Here are photos of exact replicas of the very fancy engines used at the ceremony when the railroad was completed.  The engines even have gold-leaf paint...  Starting May 1st the two engines run every day re-enacting the meeting of the lines.  They were nice enough to allow me to explore the engine shed while they worked on the engines.





So far this week over 300 QSOs.
I have fixed the 2nd generator so tomorrow I will run both 23cm and 70cm at the same time.
I have also replaced the VPOL phasing lines for 70cm so I can run on both POL.
I will be operating from a great location right on the Oregon/Washington border near Walla Walla Washington on Stateline Road.  Expecting 4 or 5 operators to complete 23cm WAS tomorrow.

Operating plan is:
  • Washington DN06 - Saturday April 29 - 2030UTC 23cm and 70cm
  • Oregon DN06 - Saturday April 29 - After completing Washington
  • Sunday is a travel day to the Northeast corner of New Mexico 1200 miles.  I plan to drive 900 miles on Sunday and 300 miles on Monday to reach the activation location
  • New Mexico - DM86 Monday May 1st 2200UTC 23cm and 70cm activation at the same time



I will not activate Montana, Arizona, or Colorado on this trip.  There are active stations available in these states.

I don't know yet what I will do after New Mexico.

Generator taken apart to replace starter pull cord :-(




Comments

Popular posts from this blog