KA6U Update - August 17, 2023 -  1100UTC

902 EME Activations August 29-30 (UTC)

Next activation will be a short trip to test new 902Mhz EME station.
This operation will be 902 only.

Operating Plan:
  • Tuesday August 29 0500-0800UTC - EM90 FL followed by EM90 GA 902 EME
    • Operate on FL/GA border.  Start in FL move across border into GA (under 30 minutes to move)
    • Operate in GA
  • Wednesday August 30 0600 - 0900UTC - FM04 SC followed by FM04 NC 902 EME
    • Operate on NC/SC border at "South of the Border" tourist trap.  Start in SC then move across border into NC (5 minutes to move, location is exactly on border)
    • Operate in NC
I will move to the second state during the middle of the time period or when all callers completed for the first state.
Due to likely RFI I will try to find a clean QRG.
This will be first portable 902 EME operation.
Degradation will be extremely low during this time.
I will be running W2HRO 2.4M folding dish with 200W at feed, switchable polarity

I will have good Internet connectivity and will be on HB9Q 222 page.

Please email me if you plan to attend.  Even if you already have the states, please call to help me test the station.  I have concerns about having enough margin at higher degradation so having more stations for data points will help.

Thanks
Peter KA6U

Comments

  1. I have good moon for both of those days, looking forward to trying to work you!
    N1AV

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog