KA6U Update - October Roving Trip - 0000UTC October 2, 2023

I arrived this evening in West Virginia.  The six hour drive took 9 hours due to traffic.

I am staying in Charles Town for the next three days to do WV, MD and VA activations.  My location in WV is 8 miles from both MD and VA.  The activation sites in the 3 states are all within a 20 minute drive from my hotel.

Tonight I will activate FM19BH79 in WV on 902 EME.  I plan to be QRV at about 0830UTC October 2nd, 4:30 am location time.  I don't expect high noise on 902.

I will have a good Internet connection.

When I announce calling, if you hear me please respond with TX2.  If you don't hear me please call with TX1.  Please announce your TX DF so that others can avoid calling on top of you and I will know where to look if signals are weak.

Weather should be perfect next 3 days with temperatures in the 50's during the activations, no wind and clear sky.  With the high Moon elevation it will make it easy to align accurately on the Moon.

Because I am staying in West Virginia, it may be possible to activate WV on 70cm at about 0200UTC on October 3rd.  I should be able to operate from the parking lot of my hotel.  I may be able to activate MD at about 0230UTC on October 4th.  Please watch here for updates.

Planned activation for overnight:
  • October 2 - WV - 902 - 0830UTC
Peter KA6U

Comments

Popular posts from this blog