KA6U Update - October 10 1400UTC

Thanks everyone who called today.  10 902 QSOs logged and uploaded to LoTW.

Tomorrow I will be at the Maine Visitor Center off I-95 North which is north of Kitterly, Maine.  This type of location often works well for overnight or early morning activations.

It is only a 90 minute drive to Kitterly from VT.  I will drive over in the morning so I don't have to get a $200 hotel room in Maine.  After I complete operations in ME I will drive to western New York so I can do an activation in the Jamestown, NY area on Thursday morning.

The weather forecast for Kitterly, ME is very light intermittent rain.  I can operate in light rain.  The forecast for Jamestown in western NY is good.
  • Wednesday October 11 - Maine FN43PD - 1030UTC 902.080/200
  • Thursday October 12 - New York - FN02JC - 1130UTC 902.0880/200
  • Friday October 13 - IA - EN42 - 70cm - 1200UTC followed by 902 EME
  • Friday October 13 - WI - EN42 - 902 - 30 minutes after IA activation (if possible)
  • October 16 - 19 - Activate IL on 70cm and 902 plus other states in the area
After the stop in NY I am heading to Dubuque, Iowa at the meeting of WI, IA, and IL.  On October 13 the Sun is 12.5 degrees away from the Moon.  I may try to do an early 70cm activation from IA and then do 902 EME from IA.  If things work out well, I will pack up in IA and cross the river into WI to activate 902EME.

October 14 and 15 will not be good because of Sun noise.

Paul W2HRO has had problems decoding me at 080.  On the last two days when we moved up to 200 we were able to complete immediately. 

I may use both 080 and 200 tomorrow.

Thank-you everyone for acknowledging messages on chat today.  It makes it much easier for me because I am trying to coordinate 10 stations.

Because my 902 station is marginal (compared to 23cm stations which is solid) more coordination is needed.  On 902 I regularly decode signals I can't see on the waterfall.  Because my laptop is not powerful enough to decode the entire band I need to know where callers are and to spread them out so I can decode.

When switching POLs coordination is very important which is why acknowledging messages also helps.

Peter KA6U

Comments

  1. Another strong day of activating 902 MHz EME in states that may never have been active before.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog